Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Learning Italian with Duolingo Week 2

   
     I am continuing to use Duolingo to work on my Italian.  I also have Swedish and Spanish to work on.  I try to keep all of the previous learning solid as I add new words and phrases.  Tu can see that I am not remembering everything.
     Il bricchere, ciotola, piatti and forketta are all used nel mangia cena.   Cuoco cucino.   My favorite frutta e mele.  On my vacation io ho tempo de vendre.  Did you?  As you can see with your occhero, io scrive in my best Italian.  Io ho practiced several times during the week.  I have worked on phrases, animals and foods.
      As io scrive, io non remember the phrases in Italian, but I am learning It's always the same thing, Do you come here often, Sorry, I was lost in your eyes, complimenti alla mamma (my compliments to your mother), Chi non lavorna, non mangia, (who does not labor, does not eat) and several others.
     Orso is the Italian word for bear, leone-lion, gatto-cat, cane-dog, mucca-cow, formica-ant, ucello- bird and more.
Foods I have learned include:
Manzo is beef
Pollo is chicken
Pesce is fish
Mela is apple
Uva is grape or egg
Citron is lemon
Gelato is ice cream
Torta is cake
Formaggio is cheese
Latte is milk
Ciocolatto is chocolate
Creme is cream
Pane is bread
Burre is butter
Birre is beer
      I have reviewed Buena Notte, Ciao, Arrivedirci, Buena Serra, Grazi, Por Favore which are greetings and manner words.
      I am seeing some similarities with Latin root study and this is somewhat helpful.  I plan to keep learning more each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment