Wednesday, April 8, 2015
Learning Italian Using Duolingo
Ciao!
When it comes to learning a language, I have learned that I need to practice more consistently. When I a practice daily, I am able to remember better. If I miss 3 days of practice, I forget word endings. Duolingo can be set up to send a report to teachers to show how often and how well students are doing in their practice.
The order of presentation of words in the Duolingo lessons is interesting. I learned pronouns and just a few verbs; I know read, write, drink, eat, see and cook. Travelers would benefit from the food and drink words, but I think it would be helpful to know more verbs. To think, to learn, to try, and to go are some that I don't know yet.
I know Chi (who)?, Come (how)? but not well enough to use.
I am trying to figure out what conversation I want to be able to demonstrate at the end of the year. It would be logical to be able to recap some of the year or have a conversation about summer plans. Mine would involve reading and writing. I am on my way to that conversation. Here are some of the sentences I can use. Io legge libri. Io scrivo. I don't know the word and. That is something simple, maybe they don't use it as often?
I am going to branch into exploring places to stay and sites I'd like to visit. I will try to learn related language for these topics. I found a wonderful place to stay using VRBO. It is near il Colloseo Foro Romano means Colliseum and Forum. I saw the outside of the Colliseum the last time I was in Rome, but I arrived too late for the tour. I also saw the Forum. I would love to have a tour guide that can share Roman history with me. I know just a little from teaching Julius Caesar.
I just realized I also don't know how to upload pictures to my blog and some of my students do, so I will have to ask them to teach me this skill. To me, this is why Genius Hour is great. It is real world learning and sharing of meaningful/useful information.
Arrivederci for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment